At least 300 people were detained in demonstrations in several cities across Cameroon on Saturday by the Cameroon authority.
Cameroon Renaissance Movement (MRC) party said its members and supporters were arrested while calling for the release of party leader Maurice Kamto and 150 of their supporters, who were imprisoned late January during protests against October 2018 elections.
- Daniel Kaluuya Shocks His Family as He Jokes About His Parents Having Sex During Oscars Speech
- US Places Buhari’s Minister of Communication Isa Pantami On Watchlist
- DMX, Rapper Who Blended Aggressive Menace With Emotional Sincerity, Dead at 50
- Prince Philip, Husband of Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II, Dies At 99
- CBN & NCC Introduce New Charges For USSD Services With Effect From March 16
Kamto and his supporters have been charged with hostility against the homeland, insurrection among others. The EU, UN, US and France have questioned the arrest of the political leader.
The MRC party has been protesting the elections calling it an electoral hold up since their party leader was announced second to President Biya’s re-election.