The Zamfara government has confirmed the release of over 3000 victims of abduction from 2019 till date.

The Zamfara government has confirmed the release of over 3000 victims of abduction from 2019 till date.

According to the Commissioner for Information, Ibrahim Dosara, he stated this on Tuesday while exploring the achievements of security operations in the State.

He maintained that the victims got released through the peace, reconciliation and dialogue programme initiated by Governor Bello Matawalle’s administration in the past 3 years.

The Commissioner described the recorded feat in the sense of the release of the abductees as one of the greatest achievement by the government in the security sector.

He said the victims regained their freedom through the peace, reconciliation and dialogue programme initiated by Governor Bello Matawalle’s administration in the past three years.

Mr Dosara revealed that a number of repented bandits had surrendered to the authorities while many bandits’ camps destroyed since the inception of the peace dialogue programme.

He said many roads, hitherto, closed due to banditry had been opened for public transportation, adding that the 14 local government areas are accessible by roads.

The government, he said, provided vehicles and other logistics to security agencies to compliment their efforts toward the protection of lives and property in the state.

He urged the people of the state to cooperate with government and security agencies to end banditry and security challenges bedeviling the state.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: