Renowned author, Reno Omokri comes hard on the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed over his stance on the Lagos Judicial Panel’s report on the Lekki Toll Gate shooting which occurred at the height of the #EndSARS protest.
Reno’s jabs are coming after Lai Mohammed dismissed reports of the panel which presented the names of those who were killed, missing and injured by security agents during the protest as false while insisting that it is merely a compilation of all allegations levelled against the government by Nigerians.
This statement of Lai Mohammed however stirred uproars among Nigerians and Reno Omokri who doesn’t fail to speak his mind has fired strongly at the Information minister.
In his words:
“A Response To Lai Mohammed’s Attack on the Lagos #EndSARS Panel1 .
I watched Lai Mohammed’s press conference where he tried to punch holes in the Lagos #EndSARS Panel Report.
Lai is the fly that follows the corpse to the grave. Even Buhari could not deny the Report.
It is Lai’s destiny to Lie all the way to his father, satan’s, home.
I now counter each of the seven grounds raised by Lai.
- Lai said the Lagos #EndSARS Panel report is “fake news” because the panel said it found bullets and bloodstains even after saying the army and police cleaned up afterwards. Didn’t Lai’s colleague, Fashola, find a camera even days after the clean up? The military attempted a shoddy clean up at night, and could therefore not have cleared everything.
- Lying Lai Mohammed quoted a ballistic ‘expert’ that favoured the Buhari junta. He however failed to address the fact that bullet casings of ammunition that is ONLY available to the Nigerian Army were found at the scene of the #LekkiMassacre.
- Lying Lai quoted forensic evidence that claimed only 3 corpses were from the #LekkiMassacre and said that that contradicted another area that said 9 persons died. Lai failed to mention that that forensic expert did not examine all the bodies.
- Lying Lai faulted the eye witness testimony because it was done via video, and not live. It was done via video because the Buhari regime was seeking to kill that witness and prevent him from testifying.
- Lai said “The panel was silent on the family members.” Why should the Panel expose the identities of the families of the victims? So the Buhari administration can try to kill then they way they attacked a witness and panel member yesterday? We are talking of a government that killed 347 Shiites.
- Lai asked how the #EndSARS Panel is not sure that the names of #LekkiMassacre victims “are not fictitious names?”. If Lai has evidence that they are fictitious names, let lie produce proof.
- Finally, lying Lai said “The report didn’t make any recommendation on the innocent people whose businesses were attacked.” My response is to ask Lai to cure his ignorance by studying their terms of reference
See post below: