Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, the erstwhile president of Nigeria has denied the allegation given a wider publicity by the media. The allegation was that he would be defecting to the ruling APC soon.
The statement issued to debunk the news was a direct contrast of the earlier Wednesday report. The report exposed the intent of Jonathan to defect to the ruling APC party as he dumps PDP.
The news gave birth to speculations as to the probability that the defection might eventually fuel the contest of the ex-president for the Presidency again in 2023. Meanwhile, this had been revealed to be false.
Journalists who reached out to Jonathan’s spokesperson, Ikechukwu Eze have exposed the report to be false.
The spokesperson said he has never given that a thought for once.
“The report is a fake news, if he defects it will be announced through the proper channels.”
“This is a man that is very busy with other things”, he said.